A good round to finish the home & away season. Hawthorn had a huge upset, but the round was fairly predictable outside of that. I’m not sure that’s a good thing, but we witnessed some good footy, which I guess it what matters in the end?
We have a 4th top-rated team in 4 weeks. I think that’s a good way to lead into finals, since they are the 4 premiership favourites (although we’ll get into that tomorrow or Wednesday or whenever I post this week’s predictions post). The finals teams are placed in 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 8th, 11th and 13th. A bit of a mixed bag.
On the other end of the table, Gold Coast are now the lowest rated team of the year. Carlton were at -31.3 at the start of the year, but Gold Coast have finally dipped below them. Tomorrow, the Suns are asking the AFL Commission for some extra assistance not given to other clubs. If the AFL say no, I’d suggest banning whoever gave the presentation from ever speaking on behalf of the club ever again. They would have to screw up so badly that they end up convincing the AFL that the club is completely fine and nothing is going wrong.
Teams hitting their highest rating of the year:
- W Bulldogs (6.2 | previously 4.2 last week | +15.6 in last 11 matches)
- Hawthorn (6.1 | previously 5.2 after round 2 | +7 in last 3 matches)
- Sydney (1.0 | previously 0.8 before round 1 | +3.6 in last 2 matches)
Teams hitting their lowest rating of the year:
- Adelaide (-1.9 | previously -1.1 after round 1 | -9 in last 6 matches)
- Gold Coast (-31.7 | previously -30.1 last week | -6.7 in last 4 matches)